Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What was I thinking

Hey all.  I've spent much of my free time over the last two days beginning to learn the ropes of some new (to me) photo editing software, so I haven't really produced any "new" captions.  The creative bug is still pretty strong, so I've been jotting down some quips, situations and stories that I will certainly turn into captions as I travel up the learning curve with a pretty complicated piece of software. (GIMP, for the curious) 

I will, in the meantime, be posting the captions which I've put up at the Haven.  There are still a few I've not yet presented here.  The one I will show today is a single panel caption which I entered in the February caption contest.  I'm not 100% pleased with the wording.  Go ahead and read it before I talk about what I don't like, as I wouldn't want to offer a spoiler without warning.

Done?  Good.  Now, the problem I have is having the story come to fruition both suddenly, and within the brief space of a single panel.  The concept that the husband has lied to his wife in order to "win" a bet, only to be caught betraying himself for the feel of sheer stockings on smooth legs (a feeling worth committing light treason, btw) combined with her decision to make his punishment involve feminization might be a little too complex.  I am afraid I went for too much. 

What I do like here is the use of a simple image of a single part of the body to set the tone.  As I read more and more captions, I am coming to the conclusion that showing all the action can sometimes take away more than it adds.  That's not to say I don't get a thrill from reading/writing a good x-rated fuck fest caption; it's just that the key part of the fantasy (for me anyway) generally takes place in the mind.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on this caption.

1 comment:

  1. Well you did a good cap. I think it's more mind blowing if you left some aspects as a mistery like you have done there in the cap. Rather than showing an interesting fuck-fest hehehe

    Hugs and Kisses Alectra

    ReplyDelete